NIT Delhi PhD Admissions-2016
Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. (Full-Time/Part-Time/Sponsored) programme in the following Departments/Broad Area of Research for Autumn Semester of the academic session 2016-17.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered in various disciplines – Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics Communication & Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering and in Applied Sciences (Chemistry, Physics & Mathematics) for the session 2016-17.
Ph.D. in Relevant Engineering: Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in the relevant area of research along with Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology.
Ph.D. in Sciences/Humanities/Management: Master’s Degree in appropriate branch of Science/Humanities/Social Sciences/Management or equivalent with a first class or equivalent Grade Point. The candidate must also have a valid GATE score or NET certificate.
Ph.D. in Cognitive Engineering/Science Specializations: Master’s Degree in Engineering /Science/Technology or equivalent in the following cognitive areas of research along with Bachelor’s Degree in branch of Engineering/Science/Technology.
- All the eligible candidates shall be required to appear in an Entrance Test of the same discipline in which Ph.D. Programme is to be joined followed by an interview to be organized by respective department as the case may be.
- The Entrance Test will be of MCQ mode having 60 questions to be attempted in 1.5 hour.
- A candidate securing at least 40% marks in the Entrance test shall be declared qualified in the entrance test.
- The syllabus for the written test will be the same as latest GATE/NET syllabus in related branch of Engineering/Technology/Science.
The eligible candidates who have qualified the written Test shall be called for the interview. At the time of interview, candidates may be asked to discuss their research interest/area in the form of presentation.
HOW TO APPLY
- The application form can be downloaded from the institute website www.nitdelhi.ac.in.
- A candidate interested in applying in more than one department/ category shall be required to submit separate application forms along with appropriate fees and documents.
- A non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST candidates) is to be paid through a crossed demand draft drawn in favour of Director, National Institute of Technology Delhi payable at Delhi.
- The envelope must be superscripted as “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO PhD PROGRAMME (Full-Time / PartTime/Sponsored) IN THE DEPARTMENT OF ___________________under the student Category ”.
- Application form duly filled, accompanied by self-attested Photostat copies of the relevant certificates/testimonials/documents, along with a Photostat copy of crossed demand draft should be sent to following address latest by 5:00 PM on 01st July 2016:
The Assistant Registrar,
National Institute of Technology,
Sector A-7, Institutional Area,
IAMR Campus, Narela, Delhi – 110040
VENUE OF ENTRANCE AND TEST INTERVIEW
National Institute of Technology
Delhi Sector A-7, Institutional Area,
Near Raja Satyawadi Harish Chandra Hospital
Last date for submission of Application form: 01st July, 2016
Display of list of eligible candidates for written exam: 08th July, 2016
Written Test: To be notified later
Display of short listed candidates for Interview/Presentation: To be notified later
Interview/Presentation for those who qualified the written test: To be notified later
Display of provisional list of selected candidates: To be notified later
Reporting date for admission/registration and deposition of Fee: 01st August, 2016
Commencement of regular classes: 03rd August, 2016
Detailed information at Admission Notification: http://bit.ly/1UWL5T5
Official website of NIT Delhi: http://nitdelhi.ac.in/