World Robot Olympiad 2016
World Robot Olympiad™ is an event for science, technology and education which brings together the young people all over the world to develop their creativity and problem solving skills through challenging and educational robotics competitions.
- Schools are invited to enter a team of three students to participate in this competition.
- Participating teams need to create, design and build a robot models that look or behave like a human athlete. The competition starts from preliminary to the final judging.
- Organizers of WRO 2016 are India STEM Foundation in collaboration with National Council of Science Museums (NCSM).
The International World Robot Olympiad final in 2016, WRO 2016, will take place in Delhi, India.
The theme for this new and exciting WRO season is “Rap the Scrap” – and all games in Regular and the Open Category will be around reducing, recycling and managing waste!
WRO India 2016 has four competitive categories:
- Regular category
- Open category
- WRO Football
- Advanced Robotics Challenge
A team may only participate in one category.
AGE GROUP DEFINITION:
1. Regular/Elementary category Age: Participants up to 12 years old in the year of competition.
2. Regular/Open Junior category Age: Participants 13 – 15 years old in the year of competition
3. Regular/Open Senior category Age: Participants 16 – 19 years old in the year of competition
4. WRO Football: Participants 10 – 19 years old in the year of competition
5. Advanced Robotics Challenge: Participants 17 – 25 years old in the year of the competition
The minimum age of a coach in an international WRO tournament (and assistant coaches) is age 20 at the time of registration for the WRO final.
- Last date for WRO India Registration: 15 July 2016
- WRO India Championship: 25-27 November 2016
- Result announcement: 28 November 2016
The Winners of WRO 2016 will represent India at International level.
General rules of WRO 2016: http://bit.ly/293dN4v
Official website of WRO 2016: http://www.wro2016india.org/